Two dead and several seriously injured in Norway nightclub shooting: Police rush to central Oslo

Two dead, several seriously hurt in gun attack on gay bar in Oslo: Police rush to the scene after 'up to 20 shots' fired at London Pub Shooting is reported to have taken place at London Pub, a gay nightclub in Oslo Nordic news outlet reported police are asking to make space for ambulances Two people confirmed dead, several are seriously wounded, with 20 shots fired

 Two people have been killed and several seriously wounded in a shooting at a nightclub in Norway, police have confirmed. 

Video on social media shows emergency services outside London Pub, a gay nightclub in Oslo at 1.15am on Saturday morning.

Police have arrested a suspect at the scene. 

Local media has reported that the number of those affected in the incident are two dead, 10 taken to hospital and 12 treated at the scene. 

A number of those taken to hospital are said to be in critical condition. 

Oslo Police District said: 'Two people have been confirmed dead in the shooting episode. There are several seriously injured.

'The police defined the mission as a PLIVO incident.'

National newspaper in Norway, VG, reported that 'witnesses said people ran from the scene in panic'.

A witness told local media, according to The Sun: 'I saw a man come in with a bag, he took out a weapon and started shooting.'

Images online have showed nightclubbers with blood on their faces receiving treatment from emergency service responders.

Footage shared on social media, which has not been officially verified, is believed to show a man with a serious head wound. 

A 'PLIVO' incident stands for ‘ongoing life-threatening violence.’

It has been reported that 'up to 20 shots' were fired in the nightclub.

Norwegian Police also said that a person has been arrested near the scene shortly after the incident. 

Norway's BNN Newsroom tweeted: 'The police ask people in the area to move away, to make room for ambulances.' 

There is no word on a motive at the moment. A large police response is underway, with a number of ambulances in the area.